"fraudLog.com"

Viewers

Sunday, March 17, 2013

DNA Tribe STR Results


EDIT: I finally understand these results after reading a little on the Bantu expansion. These results show my genetic similarity with other Bantu communities in Africa. There is no doubt that I am of Bantu heritage, but I don't know if I can pinpoint my exact heritage using these results.

 Separate African Panel Test




STR Marker Test (Part B) Native Population Matches



EDIT: I spoke with Lucas Martin at DNA Tribes and from what I gather, the Turkish match could indicate general Middle Eastern or European ancestry. I think it's general European ancestry. Still interested in why my genetic similarity was higher in Turkey than any other place. Only further DNA analysis can give me clues.


Global Matches with Peoples of the African Diaspora


I erroneously thought that I may have a recent Brazilian ancestor, but according to Martin at DNA Tribes, it may just mean that I share the same genetic profile (same degree of mixed racial heritage) as the populations listed above. I do feel that the Angolan heritage possibly ties me more to the Brazilian populations than say perhaps other African Americans, although you can see, several African Americans are listed in the results. I am still scratching my head at the Xhosa match (EDIT: I have genetic similarity with them because of the Bantu Migration).

Overall Global Matches (Regional)


Conclusion  

So what do I conclude from these results? It's possible that I have less West African influence as I previously thought. I have ties more to Central Africa and Southern Africa which reflects the migration flows of the Bantu Migration. It confirmed my suspicions that I was of Bantu heritage with some Angola/Congo influence. But, it seems that my mother (whose ancestors were enslaved in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia) may have also had Angolan influence, as the Ovambo people are also found in Angola/Namibia. Guinea-Bissau and Equatorial Guinea also seems to be another source of African ancestry for me. I am not disappointed, but I don't know much about the Fang of Guinea Bissau and I can't find much information about them.

I really can't reach any conclusions based on the findings of this test. 

Surprised I didn't have any genetic similarity with populations in Nigeria since oldest known ancestor was suspected of being of Yoruba origin according to an African Ancestry DNA test. However, his name was "Ebus Joco Congo" Jacobs in a parish with a strong preference for Congolese slaves. Is it possible that he was actually from the Congo area?  I do have a little genetic similarity with the Yoruba, but it's very low.  I don't know.....

I am still awaiting my 23andme results. 7 weeks and counting....Wanna see if I have African DNA relatives. Maybe that can give me a clue as to where specifically in Africa my ancestors came from.